Individual TherapyCommon goals of individual therapy can be to inspire change or improve quality of life.
Couples TherapyCouples therapy can resolve a current problem, prevent future problems or simply provide a “check-up”.
Family TherapyAddress specific issues affecting the health and functioning of a family during difficult times.
Areas Of Expertise
The following areas (including but not limited to):
- Major Depressive Disorder, – Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Mood Disorder, – Borderline Personality Disorder, – Suicide thoughts/ attempt, – Suicide, – Trauma (PTSD), – Bereavement/ Loss, – Stress, – Self Esteem, – Living with HIV/AIDS support, – Cancer diagnosis support, – Sexual Identity, – Identity Crisis, – Gay & Lesbian affirmation therapy, – Life changes, – Divorce, – Relationship/ Marriage counselling, – Family therapy, Group Therapy (DBT), – Parental Guidance
- Adjustment difficulties, – Mood Disorders, – Emotion Regulation, – Suicidal thoughts/ attempts, – Bullying, – Parental Divorce, – Trauma,- Bereavement
Children (Between ages of 6 and 12):
- Attachment difficulties, – Aggression, – Behavioural problems, – Bereavement, – Bed wetting, – Stress and Trauma, – Adjustment
- Emotional Assessment, – Cognitive assessment
Education and Training:
- Presenting training programs on Psychological relevant topics aimed at;
Teachers, Remedial Educators, Nursing staff, Social workers, Counsellors, Youth Counsellors, HIV Counsellors, Hospice workers
- Presenting presentations/ talks on;
Improving Self-Esteem, Life Stress Management, Bereavement, Child and Adolescent Parental Guidance, Life adjustment, HIV/AIDS management and Counselling
The choice to enter therapy, for whatever reason, can be difficult and painful, but should allow you the journey to grow and find a better way of navigating through challenges & obstacles.
I work collaboratively with my patients in order to reach their goals. These goals may include sorting out or healing core issues and difficulties and reducing symptoms.
My hope is to help my clients to cope with life changes and stressors; to work through unresolved developmental stages; to cope more effectively with the demands of work and the society within which they live.
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Gestalt Therapy
- Imago Couples Therapy
Free 10 Min Chat
Get In Touch
14 Radnor Street, Westdene
Saturday 09:00am – 12:00pm